Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Adventurer is a Town NPC that sells several unique items and also assigns quests to players. Quest objectives generally involve killing a certain amount of specific enemies or getting him a quest item from particular enemies or from crafting, for which he dispenses various rewards.
The Adventurer is first encountered as Frozen Adventurer laying down in a Snow Cozy House. He will move in when:
- The player has interacted with him and unbound him.
- There is a vacant house.
When threatened, he will cast a crystal above his head that shoots bolts at enemies.
Quests[edit | edit source]
The Adventurer gives out a quest each day, resetting at 4:30 a.m. every in-game day. Quests can be started by clicking on the "Quest" button, the Adventurer will tell the player to retrieve an item and give a tip on where to find the quest item.
After a quest has been completed, the Adventurer will reward the player with an Adventurer's Loot Box, and an extra item for some of the quests.
Functional reward items[edit | edit source]
|Adventurer's Loot Box||Upon completion of any quest.|
|Golden Apple Mask||Upon completion of the Golden Apple quest.|
|Living Emerald||Upon completion of the Emerald Shard quest.|
|Swordsman Guide||Upon completion of the Adventurer's Chest quest.|
|Gelid Ring||Upon completion of the Stolen Present quest.|
|Bonebardier||Upon completion of the Bonebardier quest.|
|Emerald Net||Upon completion of the Slimes quest.|
Quest list[edit | edit source]
Below is a list of quests given by the Adventurer, as well as listed from the Quest Tracker while doing one quest at a time. Only one Adventurer Quest can be completed per Terraria day, after that you must wait until the next day.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Adventurer Crystal||5||Always available.|
|Adventurer Sign||15||Finished 7 quests|
|Adventurer Star||10||Finished 17 quests|
|Adventurer Sigil||15||Finished 27 quests|
|Adventurer Emblem||5||Finished 37 quests|
|Archaelogist Manual||15||Finished 12 quests & Hardmode|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Adventurer may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Somebody once told me that I will never become an great adventurer. And look at me - I've achieved a lot!"
- "When you're going on an adventure, make sure to take some kind of knife with you to cut vines. One time I didn't take it and I had to tear vines with bare hands!"
- "You know who am I? I am professor of archaeology, expert on the occult, and how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities."
- "I know that hornets can be pretty big but when I've entered the jungle and saw a hornet that was bigger then me... To put it mildly, I was shocked and never returned to the jungle again."
- "I can travel anywhere without a map! I never get lost. Wanna know how I'm doing this? I... Don't know."
- "During my adventures I often was close to death, but you know what do we say to death? Not today."
- "Some people are afraid of night, since many monsters appear during it. These people say that night is dark and full of terrors. But I'm not afraid of it, I'm brave!"
- "Do you help this kid, [Name of Angler], with his needs? You know, I need help more then him and I also provide pretty better rewards for you." (Only if Angler is present)
When without a home:
- "Looks like this man was snowed in. He's unconscious but he can be helped by digging him out. A shovel I've seen near the door would be useful..." (When without a home)
- "Oh, thanks for saving me! That blizzard was so hard, so I decided to hide in this house. Unluckily, icicles have shattered the windows and... You've seen what happened. Couldn't get out without your help, thanks again!" (When without a home)
When a quest is completed:
- "Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!"
- "You've managed to get them? Amazing! These shards look like they're alive, they're probably got affected by those slimes impact. If I'll try using a magic enchantment on them, you will get a new familiar... It worked! Take it, it will light up your way wherever you go!" (Emerald Shards)
- "Yes! Yes! Finally! Behold my creation! This is a golden apple mask! A true masterpiece! Do you like it? Here you go, try it on. I poked holes in it so that you can eat and breathe. Oh, and one more thing: I melted the excess gold and turned it back into coins. But they are worthless compared to this wonderful mask." (Golden Apple)
- "Ohh, would you look at this beauty! Glad you helped me out! ... Actually, I don't think I'll ever use this gun so guess you can take it as your reward." (Bonebardier)
- "Oh, I can't find words to thank you! You really helped me out! Here, take this book from my chest. Somebody gave it to me long time ago and I don't think I'll use it." (Adventurer's Chest)
When trying to turn in the fishing rod after using it:
- "Great! Thank your for your he-... Wait... What are these strange marks?.. Oh, now I get it. Did you really tried to fish with my rod and it broke again!? Did I allow you to use it? Go away, you will not get any rewards."
When you click the Quest button after the daily quest has been completed:
- "Come back later if you wanna help me again!"
- "Right now I don't have any quests for you, come back later!"
- "I think I can give you another quest soon if you need it!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A huge chunk of the Adventurer's names come from other adventurers. (Indiana comes from Indiana Jones. Steve could possibly be Minecraft's own, John could be a reference to John Smith, etc.)
- The quote about being a professor backs up the theory that Indiana is a reference to Indiana Jones.
History[edit | edit source]
- 0.1: Introduced.
| Pre-Hardmode Enemies • Hardmode Enemies • Bosses • Friendly NPCs • Familiars Characters: |